Welcome to your weekend guide to Boston!
Boston, one of the country’s oldest and most history-filled cities. It’s the perfect balance of small-town charm and big-city hustle. Enjoy a stroll along cobblestone streets. Visit Harvard, the most profound university in the world. Catch a Red Sox game at Fenway. Eat at some of the best Italian restaurants. Boston has a little something for everyone!
I wanted to share my exact weekend itinerary with you all since I worked hard planning my first trip to Boston. First things first, I would recommend renting a car to get the most out of your stay!
- Checked into the Kimpton Marlowe Hotel. It’s located in Cambridge but is only a quick ride to downtown Boston.
- Drove to Harvard Square and walked around the campus and town taking in the architecture and the cute little shops and restaurants.
- Ate a late lunch at Russell House Tavern. The restaurant was busy but we were seated at the bar immediately. I highly recommend the burger and delicious Mojitos!
- For dinner, we Ubered to North End which is Boston’s Little Italy. Super fun and lively at night! After dinner, we walked and people watched along the streets of the North End.
- Stopped off at Mike’s Pastry Shop right before it closed so luckily the line was not long at all. My favorite part of the trip, can you see why?
- I startedWe the morning off at Caffe Nero for breakfast and coffee.
- Walked around Boston Common and Boston Public Garden for the most picturesque Boston sights.
- Headed to Back Bay to do some shopping!
- Explored the Boston Public Library (a must-see!)
- Jumped in an Uber for Faneuil Hall Marketplace for lunch.
- Posted up for some beers and watched the street performers play!
- I had a late dinner at Bambara. We loved the warm atmosphere and great cocktails.
- Brunch in Beacon Hill and explored one of the cutest neighborhoods
- Our hotel had bikes included so we took advantage and biked along the waterfront of Cambridge — one of my favorite parts of this trip!
- We biked to Cambridge Square and grabbed a coffee at Blue Bottle (so delicious!)
- Headed to Fenway Park for a night game and the matchup of the century — Yankees VS. Red Sox
- Make sure to get there early to take part in the epic block party they have prior to every game, such fun energy
- Had a delicious burger at Tasty Burger in the park and watched the Red Sox sweep the Yankees, unfortunately 🙁
I hope you enjoyed this weekend guide to Boston. Thanks for reading for more of my travel guides’ head here!