Here are my top five summer reads of 2019! I’ve been a book nerd my entire life and there is nothing better than laying out under the summer sun (with SPF and a huge hat of course) and getting lost in a new book!
I’ve always been a huge fan of fiction novels, which are the majority of these five. The below books are captivating stories about love, life, and perseverance. Enough talk, let’s dive in…
Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- Love, glamour, and the price of fame are themes in this captivating tale of Hollywood icon Evelyn Hugo’s life. A reporter interviews Evelyn for her life story and she bares all her secrets from the relationships with her seven husbands, her rise to fame and movie-stardom, and the one ultimate true love that she could never love publicly. There are twists and turns that keep you from wanting to put this book down. It’s so brilliantly written!
The Lost Girls of Paris
- A fascinating historical fiction novel about the women who were deployed to France as spies for a top-secret British Government, called the SOE, during World War II. Putting their lives at risk, they plan to connect with the local resistance members, send back critical information and complete various goals of sabotage. Along with that narrative, you are captivated by the life of Grace Healey in New York after the war who mysteriously finds the luggage of the top woman in charge of the SOE operation at Grand Central Terminal. It’s an exceptionally well-written story based on true events. A true page turner!
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
- “Beautifully written and incredibly funny, Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine is about the importance of friendship and human connection. I fell in love with Eleanor, an eccentric and regimented loner whose life beautifully unfolds after a chance encounter with a stranger; I think you will fall in love, too!” —Reese Witherspoon
- Reese said it best! This New York Times bestseller is hilarious and the main character, Eleanor, is unbelievably charming. You’ll love following along on Eleanor’s quirky and introverted life.
- Imagine you are a young kid and find out the exact day you are going to die. How would knowing that information affect you? Would it change the way that you live your life? This was an interesting read that had such a unique story with a profound and special message of life and death that had me asking so many questions! It was heartfelt and powerful and is definitely not for everyone but I enjoyed following along on the lives of these four siblings as they try and live a fulfilling life before their “date” while not trying to let the burden of that information weigh them down.
The Kiss Quotient
- Stella is smart, successful, and beautiful, but because she has Asperger’s, she has limitations with relationships and having sex is one of them. She believes that if she can conquer her fears of intimacy, she can then be in a relationship. She hires Michael who is currently paying his mother’s hospital bills by working part-time as an escort and it’s important to note that he never sees a client twice. Until Stella comes around that is. This is a great love tale – a perfect summer read!
To purchase any of these books head here. If you’ve read any of these let me know below in the comments so we can discuss. Finally, if you have any recommendations, I’d love to hear them!
Thanks for dropping by for my top five summer reads of 2019!