How to Edit in Lightroom Classic
I’ve been getting so many requests for how I edit my photos so I decided to share my knowledge with you all! The video above goes into great detail of how I edit and I walk you through the entire process.
First things 1st, you should purchase the Adobe Creative Cloud package here. It costs about $120 a year (only $10 a month) depending on what plan you purchase, but it’s completely worth it.
It’s important to play around with Lightroom Classic when you are starting out. When I first started I had no idea what I was doing but after hours of practice, I finally have a handle on how to use the applications.
You’ll definitely want to watch the above video but I’ve also created a step by step guide with photos of how I edit using Lightroom Classic.
- Import your photos in the library tab and select the folder you wish to import photos from
- Switch to develop mode
- For a side by side comparison hit the before/after button highlighted below (YY)
- Play around with the hues, everyone’s style is different so find a hue you like and stick with it so your photos have consistency
- I’ve found it’s best to bring up the shadows to 100 since it brightens the photo
- Play around with the whites and blacks for comparison
- The tone curve is one of my favorite features of Lightroom Classic
- If you want your picture brighter, bring it up the line
- For a darker more moody feel bring it down
- Scroll down to colors and start playing around with some of the colors you want to bring out and takedown in the saturation tab
- For me, I always bring down the blue and red tones since it gives the photo that vintage feel that I like
- You will learn what you like and don’t like by practicing
- The luminance colors always highlight the actual color you are playing with
- When you’re done editing head back to the library page and select the photos you want to export and press export
- Choose the folder you want to save to and VOILA you just edited your 1st photo in Lightroom — PROUD OF YA!
Below you’ll find some before and after pictures of my editing techniques
Thank you for reading How to Edit in Lightroom Classic. I hope you’ve learned some new tricks to take your photos to the next level! If you have any questions feel free to comment below. For more of my Photography Guides head here!