How to Edit in Lightroom Classic
I’ve been getting so many requests for how I edit my photos so I decided to share my knowledge with you all! The video above goes into great detail of how I edit and I walk you through the entire process.
First things 1st, you should purchase the Adobe Creative Cloud package here. It costs about $120 a year (only $10 a month) depending on what plan you purchase, but it’s completely worth it.
It’s important to play around with Lightroom Classic when you are starting out. When I first started I had no idea what I was doing but after hours of practice, I finally have a handle on how to use the applications.
You’ll definitely want to watch the above video but I’ve also created a step by step guide with photos of how I edit using Lightroom Classic.
- Import your photos in the library tab and select the folder you wish to import photos from
- Switch to develop mode
- For a side by side comparison hit the before/after button highlighted below (YY)
- Play around with the hues, everyone’s style is different so find a hue you like and stick with it so your photos have consistency
- I’ve found it’s best to bring up the shadows to 100 since it brightens the photo
- Play around with the whites and blacks for comparison
- The tone curve is one of my favorite features of Lightroom Classic
- If you want your picture brighter, bring it up the line
- For a darker more moody feel bring it down
- Scroll down to colors and start playing around with some of the colors you want to bring out and takedown in the saturation tab
- For me, I always bring down the blue and red tones since it gives the photo that vintage feel that I like
- You will learn what you like and don’t like by practicing
- The luminance colors always highlight the actual color you are playing with
- When you’re done editing head back to the library page and select the photos you want to export and press export
- Choose the folder you want to save to and VOILA you just edited your 1st photo in Lightroom — PROUD OF YA!
Below you’ll find some before and after pictures of my editing techniques
Thank you for reading my How to Edit in Lightroom Classic. I hope you’ve learned some new tricks to take your photos to the next level! If you have any questions feel free to comment below.