Best Photo Spots in Santa Barbara, California
Santa Barbara is a small California city located on a beautiful stretch of the Pacific coastline. It’s only 90 minutes away from Los Angeles and is well known for its exquisite Spanish architecture, laid-back artistic vibes, and upscale taste. There are many eccentric places to take photos here and that’s why I’ve created the “Best Photo Spots in Santa Barbara” for you to enjoy!
Santa Barbara Mission
There are 21 Spanish Missions in the state of California and let me tell you, the Santa Barbara Mission TAKES THE CAKE! The exterior is stunning with pink trim and furthermore, the grounds are beautifully landscaped. It’s a must-see when visiting Santa Barbara, California.
Address: 2201 LAGUNA ST, SANTA BARBARA, CA 93105
The Chromatic Gate
Have you ever wanted to walk through a rainbow? Well, you can do just that at The Chromatic Gate. It’s one of the coolest spots in Santa Barbara and has come to be a staple in the community.
Address: 633 EAST CABRILLO BLVD
Chase Palms Park
The land of nothing but Palm Trees, Chase Palm Park is the perfect place for a picnic in Santa Barbara. It’s adjacent to the beach with a skate park and shipwreck-themed playground. It’s the perfect activity for families! We took one of our favorite photos EVER here so make sure to check out the posing video for the above photos on TikTok!
Address: 323 E CABRILLO BLVD 93101
Stearns Wharf is a wooden pier that juts out into the harbor. It’s great for beautiful ocean views and you can grab dinner here at one of their many seafood restaurants.
Address: 217 STEARNS WHARF 93101
Ganna Walska Lotusland
IMG VIA PINTEREST
Located on an estate in Montecito, California, Lotusland was purchased by Ganna Walska in 1941. After her passing, they turned it into a non-profit botanical garden. It’s known for its dramatic botanicals and is recognized as one of the top ten gardens in the world!
Address: LOTUSLAND, COLD SPRING RD, MONTECITO, CA 93108
Santa Barbara Courthouse
One of the prettiest places we visited in Santa Barbara was the Santa Barbara Courthouse. Its architecture is quintessential Spanish Colonial and there are so many corners that are great backdrops for photos.
Address: 1100 ANACAPA ST 93101
Paseo Nuevo Staircase
California is inundated with tiled steps but the Paseo Nuevo staircase is perfect for a good photo opportunity. There are two identical staircases and they’re located right next to Eureka restaurant.
Address: 601 PASEO NUEVO 93101
The Funk Zone
The most creative part of this city is The Funk Zone. It’s a small area that is dedicated to artistic murals, curated coffee shops, and outdoor eats. We really enjoyed coffee at Dart Coffee Co. and The Lucky Penny is a great spot for dinner!
Address: 220 GRAY AVE 93101
State Street is the main attraction for downtown. This palm tree-lined street runs for miles with boutiques, restaurants, and art galleries. There are so many great photo opportunities on State Street. Just walk along State Street and see what catches your eye!
Address: STATE STREET 93101
This one is a local’s spot and it’s a bit off the beaten path. It’s located 40 minutes outside of Santa Barbara’s main attractions but has a beautiful ocean and mountainous view. If you’re coming from the North I would stop off and check this place out!
Address: FARREN ROAD, GOLETA, CA
What to Pack to make your Photos Stand Out
- A sturdy pair of flip-flops. These Olukai Sandals are my go-to and have lasted me years!
- Chic and comfortable slide sandals
- Sunscreen: This GOOP FACE SUNSCREEN BRUSH is perfect for traveling because it adds SPF to your face all while not messing up your makeup. It’s my new holy grail product and you need to add this one to your packing list! Also, my daily moisturizer with SPF is incredible for traveling + every day!
- Flowy Dresses: These really come in handy when the temperatures are high in the spring/summer. My favorite white dress for photos is linked here, here + here.
- A wide brim sun hat: I love this one from Brixton I have it in multiple colors. Also, I’ve been eyeing this Lack of Color Boater Hat and I just purchased and it has easily become my new favorite!
- Shorts: Abercrombie has the best shorts for all sizes and shapes. Check my favorite pairs that have lasted multiple seasons here and here. I also love my Levi cut-offs they’re so classic and never go out of style.
- Basics: I always find the best basics at either Free People & Abercrombie. It’s nice to have some neutral tees and tanks handy during your stay.
Thank you for reading my “Best Photo Spots in Santa Barbara” post. Are there any places that you love in this city that I’ve missed? Be sure to let me know in the comments below and for more of my California guides head here!
If you liked any of the items in this post you can shop them all here!
don’t forget to pin this post for later!