Welcome to the top Instagram spots in Las Vegas, one of my favorite guides to date.
“Sin City”; known for its gambling, bright lights, and “what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” attitude. But there’s more to Las Vegas than “The Strip.” From rainbow painted rocks on the side of the highway to The Valley of Fire, I’m going to tell you the top spots to make your trip to Vegas Instagram friendly.
Welcome to Las Vegas sign
- Let’s get the obvious one out of the way first. It’s located at the south end of the Las Vegas strip. There’s a small free parking lot and the lines are always long.
Seven Magic Mountains
- Off the on the side of Interstate 15, and about 20 minutes south of the strip, is this rainbow art installation which signifies “creative expression of human presence in the desert.” According to the artist, Ugo Rondinone, the location is physically and symbolically mid-way between the natural and the artificial. It’s around until 2021 so make sure not to miss it!
Valley of Fire
- If you’re down for a drive, head one hour north and you’ll feel as though you’ve emerged into an episode of Westworld where you’ll see sprawling red rocks and maybe even some wildlife – we saw a ram! The Valley of Fire State Park is open from sunrise to sunset and costs $10 to visit (make sure you have the exact change and pen). Best to go during either sunrise or sunset so it’s not too hot and the light that hits off the rocks makes your photos that much more beautiful.
Freemont Street – Downtown Vegas
- Located 10 minutes north from all the glitz and glamour is Freemont street – also known as “Downtown Las Vegas.” Original neon signs line the streets and there’s a ‘nostalgic’ more ‘traditional’ Las Vegas vibe.
- This resort is reminiscent of Venice, Italy with an indoor canal and beautiful European architecture. If you can’t afford to go to Italy – just come here! Free parking too!
New York, New York
- Whatdaya nevah heard of New Yawk, New Yawk befaww!? NYNY Needs no introduction. Great photo op spot!
- Each season the Bellagio Conservatory transforms their lobby into a floral playground showcasing the seasons. Not only that but in front of the infamous dancing fountains is the “Eiffel tower” from the Paris hotel and it makes for a pretty damn good backdrop.
- Home to the best buffet in America (I gave them that accolade BTW) this resort has a Willy Wonka-whimsical vibe! Check out the atrium and the carousel of flowers in the lobby – there are endless places to take photos at this place + amazing lighting!
Thanks for reading my top instagram spots in Las Vegas! Are there any spots I left out that you LOVE? Leave a comment below and for more of my travel guides head here!