Palm Springs is the pinnacle of desert chic. Its beautiful mountain views and gorgeous mid-century modern homes aren’t just a retiree’s retreat anymore. One trip and it’s easy to see why more and more young people flock to Palm Springs for the chic restaurants, trendy hotels, and music festivals. It’s one of my favorite places on earth and I’ve rounded up “What to Wear in Palm Springs: the essentials” you need below:
When packing for Palm Springs, keep bright colors and light fabrics in mind. Along with that, fun tops, loud prints, and flowy dresses are always a good idea when it comes to this desert chic town.
PALM SPRINGS WEATHER
During the summer months, it gets EXTREMELY HOT. I’m talking into the high 110°’s. It’s best to visit Palm Springs from September-November and April-June. Those are when the temperatures are a perfect 80-90° so you can thoroughly enjoy all the Palm Springs has to offer.
While all opinions are always my own, my content on this blog post may contain affiliate links for products I use and love. This means I get a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking one of these links. As always, I am so thankful for your support!
One of my cardinal rules when it comes to packing is to organize your clothes into piles by categories, (for instance all shorts together, etc) so you can look at your overall list with ease and everything is in view.
Always remember since it’s the desert, it gets really hot during the day and cooler at night time during the months of September-June. I’ve curated this list for a 3-4 day stay so increase the numbers if staying longer.
- 2-3 pairs of shorts
- 1 maxi dress
- all the bathing suits (the more the better – you will be living in them)
- 2-3 bathing suit cover-ups
- 1 light jumpsuit
- 1 nice dress for dinner
- 2 casual day dresses
- love this mini white dress that is perfect year-round!
- 2-3 basic tanks/tees
- a fun puffy sleeve blouse
- wide-leg pants
- 2 workout outfits for a scenic hike
- A couple of pairs of sunglasses
- these sunnies from AMAZON are my most worn and they’re only $15 (shown above)!
- large travel tote
- statement earrings
- raffia tote for the pool
- this one from revolve is my favorite. It’s chic and versatile!
- hair scarves
- slide sandals
- these Madewell sandals are the best because you can dress them up for dinner or wear them to the pool. SO VERSATILE!
- strappy heeled sandals
- wide brim sun hat
- baseball cap
- I love these sandals from Olukai because they are the most comfortable and have lasted me years.
- workout sneakers
Below are some miscellaneous items that are always great to have on hand.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, and more sunscreen
- This sunscreen brush from SUPERGOOP is perfect for traveling because you can put it on over makeup when you need to reapply throughout the day.
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Lotion (it gets very dry!) the NECESSAIRE lotion is the best I have ever used. No lotion makes my skin feel as good as this one!
- WATER, WATER, WATER
I always find these items without breaking the bank at Urban Outfitters, Zara, H&M, and Nordstrom. Below are some Palm Spring Essentials that are available now!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Palm Springs packing guide. Please share it with your friends and family if you’re taking a vacation together! Don’t forget to check out my post “15 travel essentials: to pack for your next trip“, my “Weekend Guide to Palm Springs” and “Best Photo Spots in Palm Springs“. Enjoy the desert!
pin this post for later