Palm Springs is the pinnacle of desert chic. Its beautiful mountain views and gorgeous mid-century modern homes aren’t just a retiree’s retreat anymore. One trip and it’s easy to see why more and more young people flock to Palm Springs for the chic restaurants, trendy hotels, and music festivals. It’s one of my favorite places on earth and I’ve rounded up “What to Wear in Palm Springs: the essentials” you need below:
When packing for Palm Springs, keep bright colors and light fabrics in mind. Along with that, fun tops, loud prints, and flowy dresses are always a good idea when it comes to this desert chic town. For more information regarding things to do in Palm Springs head to my Weekend Guide to Palm Springs!
Palm Springs Weather
During the summer months, it gets EXTREMELY HOT. I’m talking into the high 110°’s. Because of that, it’s best to visit Palm Springs in September-November and April-June. Those are when the temperatures are a perfect 80-90° so you can thoroughly enjoy all that Palm Springs has to offer.
While all opinions are always my own, my content on this blog post may contain affiliate links for products I use and love. This means I get a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking one of these links. As always, I am so thankful for your support!
Palm Springs Packing List
One of my cardinal rules when it comes to packing is to organize your clothes into piles by categories, (for instance all shorts together, etc) so you can look at your overall list with ease and everything is in view.
Always remember since it’s the desert, it gets really hot during the day and cooler at night time (during the months of September-June). I’ve curated this list for a 3-4 day trip so increase the numbers if staying longer.
- 2-3 pairs of shorts
- 1-2 lightweight maxi dresses
- all the bathing suits (the more the better – you will be living in them)
- 2-3 bathing suit cover-ups
- 1 nice dress for dinner
- 2 casual day dresses
- For those hot days try this white t-shirt dress that is so breathable and you can also pair it with sneakers and a denim jacket.
- A white button-down shirt that can double as a cover-up or pair with printed shorts for an additional night out look
- 2-3 basic tanks/tees
- a colorful blouse
- beige wide-leg pants
- 2 workout outfits for a scenic hike
- A couple of pairs of sunglasses
- Large neutral travel tote
- Raffia pool tote
- Statement earrings
- Raffia Tote for the pool
- This one is giving me prada vibes on a budget. It’s chic and versatile!
- 1 hair scarf
- Neutral slide sandals
- these Madewell sandals are the best because you can dress them up for dinner or wear them to the pool. SO VERSATILE!
- Strappy heeled sandals
- Wide brim sun hat
- My favorite affordable sun hat that goes with everything!
- Baseball cap
- I love these sandals from Olukai because they are the most comfortable and have lasted me years.
- Workout sneakers for any hikes
Below are some miscellaneous items that are always great to have on hand.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, and more sunscreen
- This sunscreen brush from SUPERGOOP is perfect for traveling because you can put it on over makeup when you need to reapply it throughout the day.
- These silk scrunchies are a new fav – they don’t crease your hair
- Lotion (it gets very dry!) the NECESSAIRE lotion is the best I have ever used. No lotion makes my skin feel as good as this one! You can use code “letravelstyle” for 10% off
- Sun visor for any outdoor activities. This one is only $17
- WATER, WATER, WATER
I always find these items without breaking the bank at Zara, H&M, and Nordstrom. Below are some Palm Spring Essentials that are available now!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my “What to Wear in Palm Springs” guide and it gave you all the inspiration you needed to have the most stylish trip! If you need more packing help, don’t forget to check out my post “22 travel essentials: to pack for your next trip“, and “Best Photo Spots in Palm Springs“. Enjoy heaven on earth!
pin this post for later