Adding a Vitamin C Serum to your skincare routine has many beneficial elements. Along with retinol and hyaluronic acid, dermatologists note Vitamin C as being an essential skincare product that every routine need.
Vitamin C Serum Benefits
- brightens skin’s complexion
- prevents signs of aging (fine lines and wrinkles)
- protects against pollutions and blue light
- promotes collagen production + builds firmness
- evens out skin tone
If you’re over the age of 21, you would benefit from using one daily. It’s best to use your Vitamin C Serum in the AM and below I’ve outlined the best way to layer it into your skincare routine.
Step by Step Guide on How to Use Vitamin C Serum
The cardinal rule of skincare routine layering is always layer your products from thinnest to thickest
- Wash your face or splash with cold water (I personally wash my face every morning with this gentle cleanser)
- Use a toner (I only use a toner at night if I wear makeup that day)
- Apply Vitamin C Serum (don’t forget to pat the excess product on the neck and decolletage)
- Use your Hyaluronic Acid (I let mine sit for a minute before the next step)
- Apply your moisturizer
- Put on your favorite sunscreen (I’ve linked my ULTIMATE moisturizer and sunscreen combo below)
- Now you’re ready for makeup!
For the best results, you’ll want to use your Vitamin C Serum daily. Make sure that you are not combining your serum with another active ingredient because that will cause irritation.
What ingredients to avoid when using Vitamin C?
Since Vit C is an active ingredient I suggest that you don’t mix with any other active ingredients. I like to use one active ingredient in the morning and one in the evening.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS INCLUDE
- Exfoliant (salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide)
- Vitamin C + E
Best Vitamin C Serums
Finally, there are many Vitamin C Serums on the market however, not everyone is worth buying. I’ve gathered my favorite picks below that will do you no wrong!
While all opinions and recommendations are always my own, my content on this blog post may contain affiliate links for products I use and love. This means I get a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking one of these links. As always, I am so thankful for your support!
Tula Triple Vitamin C Serum: A potent serum with 10% Vit C packed with probiotics and prebiotics. All of Tula’s products are cruelty-free.
If you decide to go with the Tula Vitamin C Serum use code ‘LETRAVELSTYLE’ for 15% off your order.
Sunday Riley CEO Brightening Serum: 15% Vit C serum that reduces dark spots and minimizes large pores.
Maelove “The Glowmaker“: My personal favorite because not only is it affordable, it’s packed with Vitamins C, E, Ferulic Acid, and Hyaluronic Acid. I switch on and off between all 3 of these Vit C (yes I’m extra) but tend to reach for this one the most.
Did you find this post helpful? If you have any other questions regarding Vitamin C Serums please leave them in the comments below. For more of my skincare recommendations head here!
pin this post for later