Adding a Vitamin C Serum to your skincare routine has many beneficial elements. Along with retinol and hyaluronic acid, dermatologists note Vitamin C as being an essential skincare product that every routine need.
Vitamin C Serum Benefits
- brightens skin’s complexion
- prevents signs of aging (fine lines and wrinkles)
- protects against pollutions and blue light
- promotes collagen production + builds firmness
- evens out skin tone
If you’re over the age of 21, you would benefit from using one daily. It’s best to use your Vitamin C Serum in the AM and below I’ve outlined the best way to layer it into your skincare routine.
Step by Step Guide on How to Use Vitamin C Serum
The cardinal rule of skincare routine layering is always layer your products from thinnest to thickest
- Wash your face or splash with cold water (I personally wash my face every morning with this gentle cleanser)
- Use a toner (I only use a toner at night if I wear makeup that day)
- Apply Vitamin C Serum (don’t forget to pat the excess product on the neck and decolletage)
- Use your Hyaluronic Acid (I let mine sit for a minute before the next step)
- Apply your moisturizer
- Put on your favorite sunscreen (I’ve linked my ULTIMATE moisturizer and sunscreen combo below)
- Now you’re ready for makeup!
For the best results, you’ll want to use your Vitamin C Serum daily. Make sure that you are not combining your serum with another active ingredient because that will cause irritation.
What ingredients to avoid when using Vitamin C?
Since Vit C is an active ingredient I suggest that you don’t mix with any other active ingredients. I like to use one active ingredient in the morning and one in the evening.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS INCLUDE
- Exfoliant (salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide)
- Vitamin C + E
Best Vitamin C Serums
Finally, there are many Vitamin C Serums on the market however, not everyone is worth buying. I’ve gathered my favorite picks below that will do you no wrong!
Tula Triple Vitamin C Serum: A potent serum with 10% Vit C packed with probiotics and prebiotics. All of Tula’s products are cruelty-free.
If you decide to go with the Tula Vitamin C Serum use code ‘LETRAVELSTYLE’ for 15% off your order.
Sunday Riley CEO Brightening Serum: 15% Vit C serum that reduces dark spots and minimizes large pores.
Maelove “The Glowmaker“: My personal favorite because not only is it affordable, it’s packed with Vitamins C, E, Ferulic Acid, and Hyaluronic Acid. I switch on and off between all 3 of these Vit C (yes I’m extra) but tend to reach for this one the most.
Did you find this post helpful? If you have any other questions regarding Vitamin C Serums please leave them in the comments below. For more of my skincare recommendations head here!
pin this post for later