It can seem daunting to know what to pack for Mexico, but I’m here to show you the basics that you need when packing for Mexico. I’ve even included a Mexico Packing List! Mexico is known for its beautiful beaches, tropical temperatures, and immersive culture. Whether you’re going to Tulum, Cabo, or Cancun – I’m going to show you what you need to bring when traveling to Mexico.
MEXICO PACKING LIST
When packing, think of chic neutrals and flowy dresses/jumpsuits. Also, remember that it is extremely humid in most areas of Mexico so you’ll want to make sure your clothing is BREATHABLE (stay away from polyester my friends) – when you catch that mid-day breeze you will feel it!
INSIDER TIP: when gathering your clothing it’s best to lay everything out in piles so it’s all visible and you can see a color scheme right away. For instance, all dresses together, all shorts together, so on and so forth.
Mexico is pretty much hot year-round and at night it doesn’t cool down much. From June-September I would advise against a jacket altogether to make more room for bathing suits and cover-ups. I traveled to Mexico in May and December respectively, brought a zip-up sweatshirt, and didn’t use it once. Remember to bring enough items for a change of clothes throughout the day because if you’re walking around, you will hands-down get sweaty AF.
- 2-4 pairs of shorts
- 2-3 maxi dresses
- you’ll live in these at night
- 5-6 bathing suits (the more the better – you will be living in them)
- I brought about 6 for 5 days
- 4-5 bathing suit cover-ups
- caftans, rompers, mini dresses, crochet maxi’s
- 1 linen jumpsuit
- 2 nice breathable dresses for dinner
- A matching set
- Could be wide-leg pants and a cropped top, or high waisted shorts and a matching top
- 3 casual day dresses
- think flowy white babydoll
- 5-7 basic cotton or linen tanks
- 2 activewear looks for any excursions or yoga on the beach
*This packing list is great for 4-6 days in Mexico
shop my favorite clothing items below
- 3-4 pairs of sunglasses
- large raffia beach tote
- statement earrings
- neutral crossbody
- hair scarves (comes in handy when you want to throw your hair up in a bun)
- comfortable sandals for any excursions
- water shoes for cenotes
- 1 pair of espadrilles
- slide sandals
- 2 wide brim sun hats
shop my favorite accessories below
These items came in handy during traveling internationally. When packing liquids, a good tip is to unscrew the top, place a plastic bag across the opening, then re-screw the top so you don’t have any spillage. You could also purchase my favorite travel cases on Amazon that are less than $12 for 10 of them CLICK HERE TO SHOP. I have never once spilled a liquid using these!
- YOUR PASSPORT
- Most places in Mexico only accept pesos or cash
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, and more sunscreen
- my absolute favorite sunscreen is Tula and you can use my code: LETRAVELSTYLE for 15% off your order. Shop Tula Here!
- Plenty of Bug Spray if you’re like me and the bugs LOVE you
- Aloe Vera Gel
- A small towel to carry in your purse to wipe your sweat
- or just take one from the hotel 🙂
- A spray bottle
- Extra deodorant
shop miscellaneous items
I hope this makes packing for Mexico a breeze and if you ever have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or reach out to me directly on Instagram! Thanks for reading my “What to Pack for Mexico: a packing list” and feel free to click here for more of my Mexico guides!
Since you’re traveling you’ll also want to check out my “15 travel essentials for your next trip“.
pin this post for later